I remember hearing somewhere that pain sharpens the mind – I can’t really concur because my response to it has been “MORE DRUGS PLEASE!! AND MAKE IT SNAPPY!” While sitting through IV drip #3 today, I had plenty of time to ponder my current predicament and everything that led up to it. As the fog in my mind began clearing, I realized it has been a week of very long-in-coming revelations.
Thirteen Thoughts While Watching the Drip
2) I feel guilty about being sick and missing work.
3) I miss work. It is so wonderfully distracting.
4) I hate going to doctors.
5) I should have gone to the doctor sooner.
6) I hate taking medicine.
7) More drugs please and make it snappy!
8) My body actually has a left side to it.
9) Time to put that left side to more use.
10) I waited for over half of a century to experience this.
11) It is only my third go and it has already grown old.
12) When it comes to my body, I was on a very slow learning curve.
13) This week that curve went steep.
Drip . . . drip . . . drip, drip . . . drip . . .